Saturday, October 15, 2011

six months

Love

Today we celebrate six months of marital bliss. I feel very blessed to have met the love of my life at such an early age. We took our time and dated for six years before taking the plunge into marriage. We grew up together and experienced life together - college and then the real world - and then we made our life together official. Tax Day is no ordinary day anymore, its our anniversary that way he'll never forget.


Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest. We are half way through and seem to be making it, whew! There are some days tougher than others but its too hard to be mad at your best friend for long. I usually have other funny or important stuff to tell him! I am a lucky lucky woman to be with a man who is so funny, handsome, persistent and smart. Conversations are never dull and there is always something to do...possibly because I get antsy...Did I mention that he's tolerant too? And that he really does love me for all the quirks and isms that I have? Yeah, its pretty great.

I said today we are celebrating...well, today we are celebrating, but not together! B left this afternoon for France and Switzerland. He is one lucky duck and is there for a week for work. He is staying in romantic Annecy, France and then doing some business in Switzerland. I told him to go ahead, put in for a transfer and find a flat for us. Here's hoping! If we can't do that, I at least hope for a good present. We did celebrate last night over champagne and luggage :)

While B is away I will be hanging with Ringo, perhaps still enjoying champagne without him, and working on Thanksgiving preparations! I am making a wreath - already bought the supplies, so I'll make sure to let you know how it turns out. I'm also playing around with a little metallic paint. We'll see if mercury glass is what it turns out like. For now, au revoir!

1 comment: